Location: Adel, Iowa
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in related skills and knowledge preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must have working knowledge of baking terminology, techniques and food prep procedures.
The Production Baker is responsible for making a wide range of breads, pastries, and other baked goods for retail. This position assists in maintaining and improving standards of food preparation, sanitation, and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation, and serving of food.
- Properly measures and assembles ingredients required for preparing standard recipes and as assigned by management.
- Ensures consistency in quality and presentation.
- Assists in minimizing waste of product.
- Cleans equipment, organizes and maintains refrigerator, dry storage area and overall kitchen space.
- Check products for quality and identify damaged or expired goods.
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards.
- Ability to follow detailed written or verbal instructions. Follows standard baking direction requirements.
- Ability to work independently as required.
- Open and close bakery as needed.
- Assist in recipe development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and carry:
up to 15 lbs. frequently.
up to 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying objects.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day.
- Normal vision with correction.
- Normal range of hearing with corrections.
- Frequently perform daily duties which involve standing, bending, pivoting, squatting, kneeling and crouching.
Efforts have been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the Production Baker will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, or related to the needs of people we serve, or as assigned by supervisory level staff.