Location: Adel, Iowa
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- An advanced degree in one of the fields of psychology, counseling and guidance, mental health, psychiatric nursing, or social work is required.
- Must have licensure or ability to be licensed within two (2) years of qualified supervision.
- At least two (2) years of experience providing therapy and mental health services in a human service setting or with people experiencing mental health problems is preferred.
- Must be eligible to gain an Iowa license if practicing in a field covered by state licensure law. Shall maintain a current Iowa license as required by licensing standards.
- Must have knowledge of the principles of human growth and behavior, complex physiological and psychological problems, and related treatment practice and therapies.
The Therapist / Mental Health Professional performs therapeutic work to coordinate, direct and plan programs for people receiving treatment and provides related supervision to other staff providing services. Performs work under the general supervision of a Clinical Director or Mental Health Treatment Director, or Regional Administrator. Performs other related work as required. Also provides education, consultation, and evaluation services to the community as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide therapeutic treatment to individuals.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Attend workshops, and institutes as required to keep current in relevant therapies.
- Participate in assessments, social histories, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and service planning.
- Ability to socialize and get along with others, meet and deal with customers and their families.
- Provide support to graduate psychology interns.
- Development of educational materials
- Participate in staff training as required.
- Crisis and emergency services as needed.
- Carry pager/cell phone as required.
- Ability to lift and carry:
- up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- up to 40 lbs. rarely.
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying objects.
- Normal vision with correction.
- Normal range of hearing with corrections.
- Frequently perform daily duties which involve standing, bending, pivoting, squatting, kneeling, and crouching.
To complete an online application, click here.