Location: Adel, Iowa
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school degree or GED is required.
- A minimum of four years of experience in the field of human services is required.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for the management of services and leadership for a specific program using Optimae LifeServices’ mission and core values as a guide, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Program Coordinator fosters teamwork by encouraging cohesion, joint effort and interdependence. The Program Coordinator provides leadership to staff they supervise who provide services to people as they move to achieve personal goals of their own choice. The position supports individuals in the expansion of their abilities, empowering them to choose and be successful in valued roles within their living, learning, working, and social environments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION
- Comply with an established system to ensure that services are meeting customer needs and desires in accordance with Optimae LifeServices’ mission and core values.
- Facilitate the process for the timely admission or discharge of customers including the removal of internal barriers to the process.
- Implement personnel policies and procedures in a manner consistent with Optimae LifeServices’ manuals and handbooks.
- Ensure services meet and exceed all regulatory credentialing and accrediting standards.
- Coordinate staff to establish a system and process that creates a valued and motivated workforce that recognizes and utilizes team building principles.
- Coach and train staff to provide and document individualized, ethical, and appropriate services.
- Provide on-call support by carrying a cell phone or pager when service needs dictate.
- Understand and maintain privacy, demonstrate respect, and advocate for rights of our customers.
- Address emergencies as they arise and use resources for crisis intervention as needed.
- Meet multiple demands simultaneously and efficiently with little to moderate supervision.
- Follow a work schedule that meets customer wants and needs and meets team billable requirements.
- Complete and turn in biweekly time sheets on time.
- Complete reports and all required paperwork within designated times.
ORIENTATION, TRAINING, AND STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Complete Module One Orientation Training within 30 days (full time) or 90 days (part time). Module Trainings 2, 3 and 4 must be completed within six (6) months of hire date.
- Attend coaching sessions to develop skills.
- Complete annual training in Consumer Rights, Ethics, Confidentiality, and Professionalism.
- Participate in annual evaluations and staff development planning.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, their families and friends, staff, funders, collaterals, regulatory agency representatives, and the general public.
- Receive training and apply learned knowledge about delivery of supportive rehabilitative services.
- Use knowledge of social services and psychiatric rehabilitation practices.
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work of staff.
- Develop, implement, and achieve financial goals.
- Use knowledge of techniques, methods, and procedures to acquire information with reference to service delivery and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lift and carry:
- up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- up to 40 lbs. rarely.
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying objects.
- Normal vision with correction.
- Normal range of hearing with correction.
- Frequently perform daily duties which involve standing, bending, pivoting, squatting, kneeling, and crouching.
Efforts have been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the Program Coordinator will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, or related to the needs of people we serve, or as assigned by supervisory level staff.
To complete an online application, click here.