Location: Des Moines, Iowa
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school degree or GED is required
- With a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of (3) years of experience in the delivery, planning, and coordination or administration of human services in required
- An associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- With an associate’s degree in a human services field, a minimum of (2) years of experience in the delivery, planning, and coordination or administration of human services is required
- With a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum of (1) year of experience in the delivery, planning, coordination or administration of human services is required
The Community Coordinator position will manage and supervise community-based residential sites and will directly supervise direct support professionals. The duties of the Community Coordinator are based on four areas: Daily coordination of customer’s services/supports/activities/appointments, having a supervisory role, management of the community-based residential sites, and participation in the on-call rotation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination of Customer Services
- Comply with an established system to ensure the services are meeting customer needs and desires in accordance with Optimae LifeServices’ mission and core values.
- Facilitate the process for timely admission or discharge of customers including the removal of internal barriers to the process
- Ensure services meet and exceed all regulatory credentialing and accrediting standards
- Solicit and review quality assurance feedback from customers, staff, and funders including data about customer outcomes (community living guiding coalition outcome initiatives)
- Review quality and content of daily contact notes; monitor goals customers are working on, and ensure there is adequate documentation to justify the level of support approved by a customer’s funder and outlined in the service plan
- Assist in the management of crisis situations
- Understand and maintain privacy, demonstrate respect, and advocate for rights of our customers
- Implement personnel policies and procedures in a manner consistent with Optimae LifeServices’ manuals and handbooks.
- Measure and evaluate staff and program improvements needed and recognize accomplishments
- Coordinate staff to establish a system and process that create a valued and motivated workforce that recognizes and utilizes team building principles
- Establish and assure a system for trainings, evaluating, and developing employees
- Schedule monthly team meetings
- Be available to answer all team member questions
- Coach and train staff to document individualized, ethical, and appropriate services
- Oversee the interviewing and hiring process of direct support professionals
- Participate in the disciplinary and termination process of direct support professionals
- Meet multiple demands simultaneously and efficiently with little to moderate supervision
Management of Residential Sites
- Assess the environmental cleanliness of the site on a regular basis to ensure the site is “good enough for me”
- Report any maintenance concerns to the environmental specialist or Maple Creek Services via a facility help desk ticket
- Participate in the site beautification initiatives
- Ensure that Optimae LifeServices’ property and equipment are managed in a cost-effective method
Participation in On-Call
- Community Coordinators will participate in the on-call rotation which starts Monday at 5 p.m. to the following Monday at 8 a.m.
- A Service Coordinator, Program Coordinator, or Program Director will be the backup for the Community Coordinator as needed
- The Community Coordinator will be responsible for attending to crisis situations during on-call hours which may include the direct provision of services to customers during on-call hours including the weekends
- Ability to lift and carry:
- up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- up to 40 lbs. rarely.
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying objects.
- Normal vision with correction.
- Normal range of hearing with corrections.
- Frequently perform daily duties which involve standing, bending, pivoting, squatting, kneeling, and crouching.
Efforts have been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the Community Coordinator will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, or related to the needs of people we serve, or as assigned by supervisory level staff.
To complete an online application, click here.